Before you proceed with filling out our application, please read the information below.
- The application is long and involved. It is very important that you answer all of the questions on the application so we can fully evaluate your situation.
- We will call your vet for information about your previous and current animals. If you have used multiple vets in the life of your dog you will need to provide all of that information.
- We will contact your personal references. It is critical they return our calls in a timely manner or we will not be able to proceed with your application. Let them know we will be calling.
- If you are a renter we will contact your landlord for approval for you to adopt a labrador. Get permission before filling out the application.
You need to be able to answer YES to the following criteria:
- Are all animals in the home spayed or neutered? Exceptions may be made for unaltered animals due to AKC breeding rights or show dog. We will need a copy of your title wins and AKC documents.
- Are all animals up to date and have a verifiable history of annual vaccinations? This applies to previous animals also.
- Are all animals up to date and have a verifiable history of monthly heartworm prevention? This applies to previous animals also.
- Do you have a securely fenced yard? Exceptions made on a case-by-case basis for verifiable e-fence, apartments, condos, and rural acreage.
If you have questions about our criteria for fostering, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you meet the above requirements please continue to our foster application.