How to Adopt
STEP 1 - Read Our Adoption Requirements carefully:
- A verifiable history of responsible pet ownership is required if you’ve ever owned a pet. This verifiable history will include but is not limited to: spaying and/or neutering your animals, annual vaccinations, annual check-ups by a veterinarian, a consistent history of all preventatives: Flea/Tick/Heartworm.
- A securely fenced yard. Exceptions will be made on a case by case basis for: Apartments, Condos, Rural Acreage.
- All requirements must be met before you complete an adoption application. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
STEP 2 - FILL OUT AN ADOPTION APPLICATION:
- Click here to apply to adopt.
- Once your application has been received, it will be processed and the application decision will be emailed to the primary email address you provided on the adoption application. This process usually takes 7-10 days. (We understand and appreciate your eagerness, please have patience – we are a 100% volunteer organization.)
- Please notify the references that you have provided on the application that we will be calling them.
- Please notify your veterinarian that will be calling them and please authorize them to release information to us.
- If you are approved, we will automatically send your application to the foster parent of the dog you are interested in, if that dog is still available for adoption. If not, we may make suggestions to you regarding other dogs we have in the program that might work for your family!
STEP 3 - Meet and Greets and Adoption:
- Once you are approved, the foster parent will contact you via email, text or phone call to set up a phone interview to discuss the dog you are interested in adopting.
- If the dogs seems like they might be a match for your family after the phone interview is completed with the foster parent, then the foster parent will make arrangements with you to meet the dog.
- All members of the household including pets of any kind must meet the dog.
- If all goes well with the meet and greet and it is decided by both parties (foster home and adoptive home) that this dog will be a good match for the adoptive family, then the adopter must fill out the electronic adoption agreement and donate the adoption fee. A collar, leash and tag must be acquired by the adopters before the dog can be released to go to their new home.
Current Lab Rescue Adoption Fee Schedule:
- Adult Dogs $250
- Puppies $350
- Senior and Special Needs Labs per board discretion.
- The Adoption Fee Donation is due on the date of adoption and is non-refundable.
- Your adoption donation helps cover the cost of spay/neuter, a lifetime registered microchip, vaccinations, fecal tests, heartworm tests and treatment, orthopedic surgeries, flea/tick/heartworm prevention, medications, dog food & dog supplies.
- Lab Rescue OK, Inc. spends tens of thousands of dollars annually on medical bills to ensure that every Lab rescued has the best possible chance for a long, happy, healthy life with their new family.