Adopting your new best friend is easy and takes just a few steps:
- Browse our available dogs online or, come out to one of our adoption events.
- After you’ve found a few Labs that you’re interested in meeting, review the adoption requirements below, complete and submit your online adoption application.
- Once your application has been received and reviewed, you will be contacted for a quick pre-adoption interview. This usually takes 5-7 days. (We understand and appreciate your eagerness, please have patience – we are a 100% volunteer organization.)
- Next a Lab Rescue volunteer will visit your home to confirm that it meets our placement requirements we’ve put in place to ensure that you and your new best friend will have a safe, comfortable home environment. These requirements are:
- Yard is securely fenced (adoptions to apartments or condo residents may be approved on a case-by-case basis)
- Households with current pets (dogs/cats) must have a verifiable history of responsible pet ownership including vaccinations, spaying and/or neutering.
- Special requirements apply to puppy adoption. Requirements vary depending upon the age of the puppy. Not all families will be approved. Contact Lab Rescue for specific details.
- All requirements must be met before you complete the adoption application.
- Once approved, let us know which labbies you’d like to meet. Our volunteers will work with you to schedule introductions.
After you’re approved and ready top adopt – here’s what happens next:
- Contact your new best friends foster parent to schedule your pick-up appointment.
- Be sure to have a collar, leash, and tag ready to go. The tag must be engraved with your name and phone number. Tags are available at most pet stores and can be made while you wait.
- Sign an ADOPTION AGREEMENT, donate your adoption fee and you and your new best friend all set to start your new life together.
Our current fee schedule for adopting dogs is:
- Adult Dogs $250, Puppies $275; Senior and Special Needs Labs per board discretion
- The Adoption Fee Donation is due on the date of adoption and is non-refundable
- Your donation helps cover the cost of vaccinations, heartworm tests and treatment, orthopedic surgeries, medications, spays or neuters, dog food & dog supplies.
- Lab Rescue spends tens of thousands annually on medical bills.
- Your adoption donation covers the basic healthcare costs which include: spay/neuter, shots, heartworm and fecal tests, etc.